Among the key duties of this position are the following;
- Performs studies on host immune responses in tuberculosis with particular emphasis on understanding mechanisms of resistance to M. tuberculosis infection.
- Audits graduate school courses as recommended.
- Assists in the establishment of performance standards, as well as in the selection of methodology and instrumentation.
- As assigned, performs various research and technical procedures.
- Assists with the instructing and training of students, fellows, technicians, and laboratory assistants as required.
- Assists the Principal Investigator with the preparation of grant applications.