Title: Systems Administrator
Department Org: IT Personnel – 105780
Employee Classification: U1 – Unclassified PSA FT
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Main Campus – Administration
Start Time: 8:00 AM End Time: 5:00 PM
Posted Salary: commensurate with education and experience
On Call: No
The incumbent of this position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, management, and 24×7 operations of the universities enterprise collaboration and infrastructure systems. Systems and applications include electronic communications (Email, Voice Mail, IM, Faxing, etc.), web conferencing, video streaming, electronic directory services, file sharing services, instant messaging, iSupport help system, VMware, Office 365, Azure, and SharePoint. The incumbent provides Exchange administration and Active Directory support; and works with University personnel and students to identify issues and needs for infrastructure systems and services, and works with Information Technology professionals to correct problems and improved systems and services.
All members of the University Infrastructure Team rotate on-call responsibilities to ensure 24x7x365 availability of the enterprise systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area of study (i.e., Computer Science, Electronics, Information Systems, etc.) is required. Other areas of study will be considered with relevant experience.
• 2 years’ experience in Windows Server installation and management required.
• 2 years’ experience in management of collaboration systems (i.e. MS Exchange, SharePoint, ILM, and/or OCS) required.
• Active Directory administration experience required.
• Experience in Web development desired.
• Knowledge of .NET programming, Microsoft PowerShell, C#, and / or VBScript highly desirable.
Communication and other skills:
• Excellent customer service aptitude.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.