Title: Surgical Technician
Department Org: 110150 – Operating Room
Employee Classification: B5 – Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSC
Bargaining Unit: AFSCME HSC
Primary Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Start Time: 6:45am End Time: 5:15pm
Posted Salary: $25.37 – $30.84
On Call: True
Performs scrub duties during surgical procedures under direct supervision of the physician and the circulating registered nurse. Performs other functions as directed to assist in departmental operations.
Education / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
1. Graduate of an accredited surgical technician program with a current certification (CST).
2. Significant related experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
3. Heart Saver CPR required.
4. Able to function during stressful situations.
5. Will be required to rotate shifts as needed, work weekends and take call.
6. Physical requirements:
a. visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
b. ability to hear (with or without aides)
c. ability to orally communicate
d. good manual dexterity
e. ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally
f. ability to stand, walk frequently
g. ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently; and
h. ability to perform CPR
1. Exhibits accuracy, integrity and flexibility; is punctual and dependable.
2. Possesses organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
3. Demonstrates ability to work with self-direction and effectiveness under minimal supervision.
4. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills; possesses group facilitation skills.
5. Must have demonstrated ability in conflict negotiation and ability to exercise diplomacy and tact in potentially volatile situations.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.