Under direction, the Supervising Program Assistant I manages office support operations and activities. This position provides administrative, supervisory, and support services as required.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Supervises the programs’ support staff in Residential Services, Supportive Housing, Supportive Employment, and Case Management Services.
- Recommends the hiring, firing, promoting, demoting, merit increases, transfers and/or the discipline of employees with a direct reporting relationship.
- Delegates program functions to support staff.
- Monitors office functions on a daily basis.
- Oversees unit operations .
- Prepares and/or compiles data for various reports or oversees creation of such reports by supervisees.
- Processes all bills for authorized services; maintains and monitors total amounts disbursed; and forwards bills to Rutgers Accounts Payable.
- As required by individual programs, regularly coordinates meetings and arranges programs, events, and/or conferences, including arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information and invitations, coordinating speakers, and tracking event budget.