The Staff Nurse, under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager of Clinical Research Center (CRC) will perform duties within the CRC as assigned by the nurse manager to ensure successful, patient-oriented, safe and effective conduct of clinical trials in the CRC.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Assists in investigations to prepare and implement new clinical trials.
- Screens and enrolls study participants following CRC standard operating procedures.
- Provides protocol related clinical management to participants while on study, including phlebotomy, ECG, other study specified procedures and point of care tests as needed.
- Provides direct patient care or direction and supervision to other health care team members to ensure proper implementation of plan of care.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient and significant others to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Reports all necessary information and/or unusual occurrences in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Documents all aspects of research participants care, Completes Clinical Report forms (CRFs).
- Enters study related data into electronic data capture systems.
- Maintains all required certifications (CITI, IATA, Blood borne pathogens, etc). Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures.