Among the key duties for this position are:
- Provides social work & case management services to WTC Health Program patients and their families/significant others. Addresses patient’s bio-psychosocial, social service, and resource needs and links patient and their families to services, resources and opportunities to maximize patient functioning and well-being. Assists patients in resolving social, emotional & environmental problems that interfere with psychosocial functioning and positive response to medical treatment.
- Under supervision, may perform mental health diagnostic assessments and maintains a caseload of individual therapy clients and co-lead groups. Develops therapeutic relationships with WTC patients and assesses needs of patients referred/identified.
- Responds with sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic factors impacting patients and their families.
- Conducts thorough assessments of patients’ biopsychosocial, social service and resource needs.
- Formulates treatment goals and plans for each patient assigned and works with patient and patient’s family to monitor progress towards those goals.
- Helps patients to navigate complex health and social service systems external to the WTC Health Program such as disability, workmen’s compensation, Medicare, etc.
- Coordinates patient care and social work/case management needs with other WTCHP team members including Nurse Case Management, Physicians, Mental Health, Nursing, Benefit and Admin teams.
- Documents social work activity in patient’s chart in accordance with CDC, hospital, DOH and JCAHO standards.