Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides social work & case management services to WTC Health Program patients and their families/significant others.
- Addresses patient’s bio-psychosocial, social service, and resource needs and links patient and their families to services, resources and opportunities to maximize patient functioning and well-being.
- Assists patients in resolving social, emotional & environmental problems that interfere with psychosocial functioning and positive response to medical treatment.
- Under supervision, may perform mental health diagnostic assessments and maintains a caseload of individual therapy clients and co-lead groups.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with WTC patients and assesses needs of patients referred/identified.
- Responds with sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic factors impacting patients and their families.
- Conducts thorough assessments of patients’ biopsychosocial, social service and resource needs.