Title: Senior Auditor
Department Org: Internal Audit – 104920
Employee Classification: U1 – Unclassified PSA FT
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Main Campus – Administration
Start Time: 8:15 a.m. End Time: 5:00 p.m.
Posted Salary: $66,483 — $83,078
On Call: No
The Senior Auditor contributes to the fulfillment of the university’s mission and vision by providing assurance that: internal accounting controls are adequate and effective in promoting efficiency and protecting the assets of the University; financial statements and reports comply with established policies, generally accepted accounting principles and/or other applicable rules and regulations; operational policies that promote the well-being of the University are effective and enforced; and standards of business conduct are being observed. This position is responsible for planning, performing, reporting, and following up specific audit assignments under guidance of the Assistant Director.
This position will also provide day-to-day and long-term engagement with College leaders regarding the development of online degree programs, degrees, and certificate programs offered by the University. It will interact frequently with College Deans and Department Chairs, thus serving as the primary contact person for online initiatives. This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with state regulations; out-side of the State of Ohio, the submission of required documents, and maintaining an awareness of changes in state regulations. The position is also responsible for serving as a member of the University of Toledo’s Assessment Committee.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration or related field.
• CPA, CIA or CISA certification required, if not currently certified must show demonstrated progression towards CPA, CIA or CISA certification within 1 year from date of hire.
• 3-5 years auditing experience is strongly desired, with some experience in higher education and/or healthcare.
Communication and other skills:
• Strong auditing skills such as ability to plan, organize, delegate, and manage the audit process.
• Ability to study, evaluate systems and make recommendations.
• Specialty credentialing, such as Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), etc.
• An MA or higher degree is required.
• At least two years of experience as a Director in an Online Learning operation.
Communication and other skills:
• Ability to communicate with diverse faculty from many disciplines.
• Eagerness to advocate for online learning.
• Ability to collaborate with other units in academic affairs for the achievement of institutional goals.
• Familiarity with online learning as a global phenomenon with ability to project future needs.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.