The Secretary reports to the Director of Residence Life
- Type, copy, collate, and proofread reports, minutes, budgets, memos, classroom materials, manuscripts, correspondence, and other materials utilizing computer and word processing/database/spreadsheet software, proofread for spelling.
- Establish and maintain files and ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail, prepare responses to routine requests and send and receive faxes.
- Screen phone calls and walk-in visitors to office, greet visitors, and provide information in response to inquiries when possible and refers to other sources if necessary.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies and materials, prepare purchase orders for equipment and materials used by department, and type and prepare other forms used by department.
- Reports and tracks student reported maintenance concerns
- Prepare or assist in bulk mailings, sort per postal regulations and complete forms.
- Make travel arrangements, arrange itineraries and process associated paperwork.
- Assist department head with clerical duties associated with work-study students.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.