Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Research Assistant will provide assistance in studies of liver fibrosis and hepatic stellate cell biology.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Perform studies with wild-type and genetically modified mice, including handling, injection, and tissue collection.
- Perform cell culture studies with human and primary mouse cells.
- Perform molecular biology techniques, including quantitative polymerase chain reaction, western blotting, and enzyme activity assays.
- Perform quantitative analysis of histopathology.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive laboratory records.
- Perform statistical analyses of research data.
- Analyze and process experimental data for publication and grant application.
- Participate in training of new lab personnel.