Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history for patients.
- Consults with collaborating psychiatrist and/or Medical Director as appropriate when patient’s presentation falls outside established guidelines.
- Formulates appropriate differential diagnosis, develops treatment plan, and provides effective management of a mutually agreed upon plan.
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain psychiatric stability. The plan is based on mutually established priorities to maximize the potential of the patient.
- Arranges for appropriate plan of care and follow-up based on outcome of diagnostic, lab, and physical assessment findings.
- Works collaboratively with the care team to identify, develop, and implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual patient/family preference and enhances quality, access, and cost -effective outcomes.
- Sets priorities for appropriate and efficient management of patient care that reflects evidence-based practice and cost effective management of time, available human resources, supplies and equipment.