The Peer Support Specialist II will assist in the development and maintenance of a recovery-oriented environment for adults (age 18 through maturity). They will provide a wide range of peer support services to consumers to assist them in regaining control over their own lives and their own recovery process. Provides services in accordance with UBHC and Unit policies and procedures.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Uses his/her own experiences with recovery as a vehicle to establish rapport and relationship building with the consumer or family member.
- Models good communication skills for consumers, recovery-oriented living skills, effective coping skills, and self-help strategies as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from consumers and team members. Orients consumers and their families to the process in the emergency service.
- Coordinates care with the clinical staff in the emergency service to facilitate clear communication of concerns between the treating staff and the consumer and family.
- Collaborates with clinical staff in providing offsite interventions and outreaches to consumers and their families.
- Assists in collection and reporting of data to evaluate program effectiveness and comply with funding source requirements.