Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides client-centered services that link clients with health care, psychosocial, and other services.
- Coordinates and follows-up to ensure that medical treatments have been provided.
- Ensures timely and coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services and continuity of care, through ongoing assessment of the client’s and other key family members’ needs and personal support systems.
- Ensures that comprehensive medical case management is provided including the provision of treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for, and adherence to, complex HIV/AIDS treatments.
- Coordinates/facilitates and follows-up on medical treatments and patient referrals for core medical services and other services as needed.
- Monitors and tracks client progress and compliance with medical/lab requirements and treatment plan.