Title: Nursing Assistant
Department Org: 109980 – 4CD Oncology/Hemoc/Med-Surg
Employee Classification: S8 – Student PT HSC
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Start Time: Varies- May work 2 weekend shifts/mo & 1 major holiday/yr subject to UTMC’s needs End Time: Varies- May work 2 weekend shifts/mo & 1 major holiday/yr subject to UTMC’s needs
Posted Salary: Starting hourly wage is $17.73
On Call: False
Assists the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and Mental Health Technician in providing delegated tasks on the nursing unit. Assists in maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
1. Student currently enrolled in Associate, Baccalaureate, or Masters Degree nursing program.
2. Has completed at least 1 clinical rotation OR has an active State Tested Nurse Aide certification with the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry.
3. Current BLS certification.
4. Ability to write legibly, speak articulately, and follow directions accurately. Finger and hand dexterity to handle delicate instruments and other equipment.
5. Ability to plan and organize work and to work under close supervision. Willingness to accept responsibility for patients in their care when performing delegated functions of this position and to perform delegated duties in accordance with established methods and procedures.
6. Ability to tolerate strenuous physical activity such as turning, stooping, bending, stretching, walking, and lifting in order to assist patients. Handles and serves patients in a manner conducive to their welfare and safety.
7. May be required to rotate shifts and units.
8. Physical requirements:
a. visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
b. ability to hear (with or without aides)
c. ability to orally communicate
d. good manual dexterity
e. ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally
f. ability to stand, walk frequently
g. ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently; and
h. ability to perform CPR
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.