Under direction, the Mental Health Clinician II serves as the senior mental health practitioner who provides lead functions for the program, to include screening of intakes and referrals, care coordination, ensuring completion of program specific documentation and/or comprehensive assessment and therapeutic intervention for the psychological and social needs of child and adolescent (ages 3-17 years) and/or adult individuals served (18 and over), including development of treatment plans, conducting individual, group, and family therapy, and providing case management. Assists with the provision of clinical supervision to licensing candidates as assigned.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Effectively contributes to and supports an environment that enhances the positive self-image of individuals served and their families and preserves their human dignity, right to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy and civil rights as observed by supervisor and with minimal complaints and positive feedback from peers, patients and their families.
- Assesses treatment needs and provides evidence based treatment services and/or case management as clinically indicated to assigned individuals served (individuals, groups and families) that is consistent with the service design and philosophy of the program and in accordance with accepted professional and ethical standards of UBHC.
- Maintains and oversees the maintenance of assigned individuals’ clinical record in compliance with UBHC, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other applicable regulatory and accreditation standards that meets quality and program standards.
- Takes a lead role in providing orientation, training, team leadership in the department.
- Attends to professional self-development by remaining current in knowledge of trends and development in mental health, addictions or co-occurring disorders.
- Participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of program services.
- As assigned, actively participates in evaluation of program by collecting data, information and formulating results, as observed by supervisor.