The Medical Services Assistant performs administrative and clinical tasks as assigned to support effective and efficient office operations.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Implements patient experience techniques in all patient interactions, in-person, telephone and telehealth visits.
- Advises patients regarding preparation of necessary forms; counsels patients regarding paperwork requirements.
- Obtains pre-certification and /or prior authorization from insurance companies for patient management as assigned.
- Assist in the treatment and examination of patient.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient’s condition and reactions to drugs, treatment and significant incidents.