Under direction, the Executive Housekeeper directs the institutional housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the establishment. Establishes standards and procedures for work of the housekeeping staff, plans work schedules to ensure adequate service, inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment, submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space. Periodically inventories supplies and equipment. Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods. Selects and purchases new furnishings.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Plans and schedules the work of the department to maintain maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary requirements.
- Approves and/or disapproves recommended personnel changes.
- Establishes work schedules, work assignments and assigns hours to ensure adequate service to all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains up to date written policies and cleaning procedures.
- Ensures departmental personnel are trained and educated in Rutgers University policies and procedures.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the campus.
- Recommends painting, repairs, refurbishing, relocation of equipment reallocation of space where appropriate to improve sanitation, appearance and efficiency.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to proper authorities.
- Responsible for snow removal and grounds maintenance, excluding landscaping.
- Directly responsible for the coordination and scheduling of environmental inspection rounds with University administration.
- Prepares budgets, work reports, carries out fiscal planning and other administrative duties.