The Notre Dame Research Communications (NDRC) team provides strategic support and guidance, as well as execution, for ND’s research communications and events needs, especially within its reporting units. NDR now seeks a highly motivated professional to manage all research-related events. Events range from on-campus routine gatherings of faculty and staff to high-profile meetings and visits from federal and state officials and industry executives, at times with short notice and quick turnaround. This professional will assist with planning events and conferences, both nationally and internationally, at which the Vice President for Research or other NDR leaders will take part.
The successful candidate is a versatile and seasoned professional who can navigate the complexities of procedure and protocol for visits by high-level attendees, such as federal government officials, and plan successful visits, tours, and events. The top candidate will have a willingness and desire to learn requirements for such attendees.
This position requires quick thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills with a touch of diplomacy, all while adapting to the rapidly changing nature of an event. This position will work with other communications team members, including writers, graphic designers, or videographers, for example, in order to ensure the event, conference, or meeting is delivered to the highest standard and that all communications and marketing opportunities are maximized. Aspects of this role will reach across the University and its varying research organizations and efforts, including those engaged with federally funded research, the AFRL Regional Research Hub and other national security efforts and internally sponsored events.
Position duties include:
- Coordinate and project manage identification and/or creation of events-related materials and collateral, such as badges, programs, leave-behinds, etc. Work with marketing and digital staff to develop, deploy, and track event invitations and responses.
- Manage all event-related administrative records, including budgets, record keeping, contact and vendor lists. Work with leadership and staff to devise and keep an active calendar of events and related timelines.
- Develop and execute plans and procedures for all relevant on-campus and local national security events. This includes determining event objectives and requirements, building timelines and runs of show, organizing meetings and processes, identifying and reserving locations, managing vendors and vendor contracts, and communicating to and advising all vested parties of their respective roles and expected outputs.
- Identify and coordinate external event opportunities, including vetting opportunities to showcase national security efforts to key stakeholders at trade shows, annual meetings, exhibits, and more. Coordinate event exhibits and layout and staff events as needed.
- Serve as the on-site contact for events, managing registration, coordinating vendor engagement, and maintaining close communications with all vested parties, especially security detail if required. Keep events on plan and on time, acting quickly if a plan needs to change. Ensure other event parties are apprised of event details and protocol.