The Dean of the Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences (MCHPS) serves as a member of the Provost Council and is responsible for leadership, management, and administration of the academic departments within MCHPS and the office of the Academic Dean.
The Dean facilitates a vision and strategic direction while leading the college in a unified plan of action. As a leader of the faculty, the Dean supports, encourages, and fosters excellence in teaching, advising, scholarship, and service. The Dean is responsible for program development, delivery, and assessment; faculty recruitment and development; budget development and fiscal management; and facilitation of student learning at Gannon’s Erie, Pennsylvania campus and Ruskin, Florida location.
The Dean is the primary spokesperson for MCHPS; provides leadership for resource development; and builds and maintains partnerships with alumni, businesses, and the communities the university supports. The Dean must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
- Direct the recruitment and development of diverse and talented faculty, faculty administrators, and staff within the Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences (MCHPS); recommend appointments, reappointments, and separations to the Provost and Vice President of Student Experience.
- Evaluate faculty, faculty administrators, and staff in MCHPS; develop and implement remedial plans as needed.
- Support, encourage, and foster excellence in teaching, advising, scholarship, and service.
- Lead and mentor Leadership Teams to fulfill all essential functions of the position.
- Support the quality and growth of academic programs within MCHPS as well as the development and implementation of new programs.
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate assessment and other data are used to inform decision-making.
- Monitor standards to attain and maintain accreditation when and where appropriate and build effective working relationships with those accrediting agencies, including the Florida Department of Education Commission for Independent Education for Gannon’s Ruskin, FL location.
- Actively support MCHPS and University events and publications.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the value of a liberal arts education and assure effective integration of the Liberal Studies Core into academic programs in MCHPS.
- Participate in the annual budget process and effectively manage resources allocated to MCHPS in accordance with University policies.
- Coordinate and oversee development and administration of grants.
- Represent and advocate for MCHPS, its students, faculty members, and staff as a member of Provost Council and University committees.
- Foster relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Revise, develop, and implement academic policy in partnership with the Provost and Vice President of Student Experience, other Academic and Student Affairs Deans, Faculty Senate, and other stakeholders.
- Establish necessary policies and procedures for MCHPS, consistent with University policy.
- Manage space and appearance of MCHPS academic buildings. Oversee operations of Gannon’s Ruskin, FL location.
- Supervise Gannon University employees associated with strategic external partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope, responsibility, and requirements of the job.