Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Works closely with the RAO Director, developing and implementing a vision to make online learning at Mason Gross a dynamic and engaging experience for students and instructors in the arts.
- Uses excellent technological skills, creativity, collaboration, and curiosity to implement best practices in instructional design in the arts, and they will apply outstanding interpersonal skills to build bridges with instructional designers across the university and with faculty throughout Mason Gross.
- Staying informed and fluent in current and emerging educational technologies, the Coordinator will discern which are most useful and how they can best be applied in arts courses.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion by, for example, ensuring that all online courses and materials are accessible and sensitive to the needs of diverse learners.
- The Coordinator of Instructional Design and Technology will work to increase the excellence, visibility, and accessibility of RAO’s courses and programs across the university and beyond.