The Chief will be a co-leader of our expanding multidisciplinary Brain and Spine Tumor Program. This is a full-time resident faculty position at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, with academic appointment in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. As Chief of Neurosurgical Oncology, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring high quality neurosurgical services for patients undergoing evaluation for the prevention or treatment of cancer of the brain or spine or related conditions. The incumbent will create policy and processes that effectively enhance collaboration and liaison between the various clinical/translational entities that are integral for patients with neoplasms of the brain or spine. The incumbent will be responsible for promoting clinical research within the Brain and Spine Tumor Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for operational and programmatic aspects of the Brain and Spine Tumor Program at CINJ with a focus of quality surgical care.
- Provide oversight of clinical and research activities, and mentorship of the researchers/providers assigned.
- Support the clinical and educational activities of the Department of Neurosurgery.
- Support collaboration between members of CINJ and Rutgers RWJMS.
- Support participation of faculty in cooperative group, industry sponsored and investigator-initiated research.
- Publish scholarly articles regularly with an emphasis on collaborative reports.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the RWJBH oncology service line for clinical trial research.
- Support responsible stewardship of philanthropic funds in collaboration with the Rutgers Foundation.
- Participate in the teaching of students, residents, and fellows as part of the educational mission of RBHS.
- Mentor and develop junior faculty in accordance with the RBHS Appointments and Promotions Guidelines.
- Participate in executive-level leadership meetings as needed.
- Maintain clinical activity by full participation in the clinical workload.
- Support Division faculty productivity in accordance with established benchmarks.
- Assist the Chief Surgical Officer of the cancer institute and Department Chair in relevant short and long range planning of neurosurgical oncology services.
- Direct professional activities and projects to ensure excellence within the area of neurosurgical oncology.
- Oversee clinical and research resources of the Division to ensure optimal use and best practices.
- Collaborate with RWJBH oncology service line leadership for innovation and integration of neurosurgical services throughout the health system.
- Understand and adhere to RBHS compliance standards