Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Department Org: University Medical Center 3
Employee Classification: B5 – Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSC
Bargaining Unit: AFSCME HSC
Primary Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Start Time: 1400 End Time: 2200
Posted Salary: $21.50-$24.94
On Call: False
The Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for performing tasks involving the dispensing, distribution and charging of drugs. This position assists the pharmacist in maintaining quality pharmacy services in compliance with laws set forth by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy to ensure in proper storage, compounding, packaging, labeling, and record keeping associated with drugs. The technician will collaborate and communicate with patients, caregivers, health care professionals and the public.
• Must hold current and unrestricted registration with the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
• Technician certification required by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively, professionally and courteously with other health care professionals, patients and members of the University community.
• Knowledge of metric system, along with names, strength and dosage forms of medications, and common medical abbreviations.
• Previous experience in hospital or institutional pharmacy service preferred.
• Strong computer skills required.
• Knowledge of purchasing and inventory management skills preferred.
• Knowledge of charging and billing preferred.
1. Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable.
2. Ability to hear (with or without aides).
3. Ability to orally communicate.
4. Good manual dexterity.
5. Ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally.
6. Ability to stand, walk constantly.
7. Ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel occasionally.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.