Reporting to the Senior Business Manager of the OIT-Administrative Systems, this position is responsible for the functional administration of Oracle ERP Cloud system. Responsibilities include the design, testing, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, updates, and end-user support of all automated and manual financial accounting systems. The Business Systems Analyst II will assess complex financial system needs; create a blueprint to align business requirements with system capabilities; and independently develop and implement a wide range of innovative solutions. Will also create, maintain and develop configurations and system set-ups for Oracle ERP Cloud based on business needs and requirements; support Communications and Training team with University Controllers Office by providing subject matter expertise with
regard to Oracle ERP Cloud.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Evaluates business requirements and works with university-wide end-user committees to determine solutions as business needs evolve and financial systems change.
- Configures financial system modules to optimize all aspects of the Oracle ERP Cloud, including but not limited to develop, update and implement complex sub-ledger accounting (SLA) rules for accurate accounting between Sub-Ledgers and General Ledger. Keeps all configuration documents up to date with the changes.
- Produces and maintains general configurations such as banks, bank branches, payment document numbers, profile options and transaction codes for Cash Management.
- Maintains internal tracking systems (ie. Jira) to notate any configuration changes, test results and approvals for production migration.
- Assists/Performs month-end close.
- Researches and evaluates the need for potential new and/or additional modules, applications or upgrades and provides recommendations to help improve business processes.
- Evaluates and tests Oracle monthly patches, quarterly and semi-annual upgrades for overall functionality with concentration on configurations. Continuous assessment of all configurations across modules and tests all updates and upgrades in a test environment for functionality, fixed issues, problems, enhancements and/or overall system changes.
- Collaborates with staff from various departments, including Procurement, Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting, Grant & Contract Accounting, Payroll and Student Financial Services to ensure data flows from one module to another as expected via system integration and accounting rolls-up properly.
- Provides timely end-user support, tracks issues, and communicates resolutions to end users.
- Resolves the more complex customer-service issues that require higher-level support. Provides feedback to end-user and temporary work-around solutions for multifaceted issues.