Title: Assistant Professor, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Program
Department Org: Surgery
Employee Classification: A1 – Faculty Full Time 12 Mth HSC
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Health Science Campus College
The Department of Dentistry at The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences invites applications for the position of Associate Professor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The successful candidate will be board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and eligible for licensure in the State of Ohio. We are in search of an experienced general dentist who has a keen understanding of the latest techniques in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Above all, you should have a passion for meeting the needs of patients and their families during their dental treatment.
Objectives of this Role
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team at the University of Toledo Dental Service to accurately assess patient needs and develop a treatment plan that meets those needs
• Utilize and promote approved standards of care, procedures, methods, techniques, safety precautions, and study protocols
• Participate in the development of clinical research, standard operating procedures, and study-specific procedures
• Participate in the mentoring and training of medical students and residents
• DDS or DMD with dental training specifically in oral surgery dentistry
• Board certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with state license in good standing
• Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.