Title: Assistant Professor
Department Org: Medicine – 107570
Employee Classification: A1 – Faculty Full Time 12 Mth HSC
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Health Science Campus College
The Hospital Medicine Division at the University of Toledo is extremely active in all aspects of inpatient care within the University of Toledo Medical Center. The successful applicant will provide direct patient care; instruct medical students in the discipline of Hospital Medicine; participate in conferences and develop and conduct scholarly endeavors.
• Work with the Hospital Medicine healthcare team to provide patients with medical care services within the standard of care for Hospital Medicine patients.
• Round with the Hospital Medicine team, including APPs, Medical Students and other multidisciplinary staff. Also, the successful candidate will have independent rounding responsibilities.
• Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate.
• Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
• Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
• Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up to date before prescribing medication/treatment.
• Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
• Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
• Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
• Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
• Participate in the teaching programs of the Department of Medicine, the College of Medicine, and the University.
• Participate in research trials that align with the goals of the Department of Medicine.
• Participate in service assignments of importance to the Department of Medicine, the College of Medicine, and the University.
• MD or equivalent required
• Successful completion of an Internal Medicine residency
• Board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine
• Current licensure in the State of Ohio required, prior to beginning the position
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
The University of Toledo is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to maintaining a welcoming and respectful community to all members, regardless of their race, national origin, religion, beliefs, age, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status. As part of this commitment, we require that all applicants for faculty positions include a statement that discusses their past and/or planned contributions to a culture of equity and inclusion in the areas of research, teaching, or service. In this statement, the applicant should also reflect upon their experiences and vision regarding how their values and experiences advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in working with students, faculty, and staff.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.