The Department of Pathology, immunology and Laboratory Medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking one (1) per-diem faculty position at the Assistant/Associate Professor level. The candidate must be Board certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology with previous clinical experience. This position will provide services at University Hospital Newark.
• Provide diagnostic pathology services at our associated medical schools, hospitals, and partners at Rutgers and RWJBarnabas Health
• Collaborate with institutional leadership, physician partners, and nursing colleagues to ensure high quality care for patients in all settings
• Provide unrestricted call coverage at all facilities contractually covered by the Department of Pathology of Rutgers Health Group at the discretion of the Chair of Pathology.
• Work collaboratively with the existing academic, administrative and clinical staff within the Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine at New Jersey Medical School.
• Document and bill for provider activities accurately, appropriately, and in a timely manner according to hospital and medical school policies.
• Provide active participation in the teaching programs and attend conferences and grand rounds.
• Promote the program throughout the region and at national conferences.
• Participate in process/quality improvement in care delivery of patients and participate in quality initiatives of the Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine.
• Comply with all medical school and hospital medical staff bylaws.
Rutgers University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.